What is Google Scholar?
A special version of Google designed to search for books and articles, rather than regular web pages.
Google Scholar is very useful, but off-campus users run into the problem of getting free access to Library-licensed journals.
There are 3 ways for you to handle this:
Access Google Scholar via the Library proxy server - sometimes Google does something to cause this to break - do NOT use this on campus, only off-campus!
- Use this form to start your search session in Google Scholar - it appends a hidden code to tell Google you're at UPEI even when off campus:
- Add links to UPEI's full text articles from Google Scholar search results.
- Advanced Scholar search tips
- Cited Reference Searching - includes how to find in Google Scholar sources that cite your article or book
- RefWorks: Importing citations from Google Scholar into RefWorks
- See also browser plugins to help you access licensed content from your home - these augment the Google Scholar feature to add Check@UPEI links
- Slides available for the "Google Scholar Like a Pro" Robertson Library Workshop, Fall 2017