What is OneSearch?
OneSearch uses EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) to search almost all of the UPEI Robertson Library print and online collections, and millions of other materials not owned by the Library, in a single search.
The goal is to find everything relevant to your topic. If the Library doesn't own a particular item, use Interlibrary Loan to request it.
Feedback is most welcome!
OneSearch does NOT replace access to the research resources individually; you can continue to access them within their original search interfaces by using Databases.
What is included?
The list of products included is very long, but it includes all EBSCOhost products, all or almost all of the full text journals licensed from Elsevier/ScienceDirect, JSTOR, Sage, Wiley, Springer, ACS, IOP, BioOne, and ProjectMuse, many of the specialty full text databases (Alexander Street Press, Adam Matthew), and millions of index-only article and book records from various sources.
What is not included?
Notable UPEI licensed resources that are NOT included in OneSearch as of March 2020:
- Proquest databases (CBCA), Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database (formerly ASFA), Dissertations & Theses, Periodicals Archive Online, and the Globe & Mail historical archive
- Compendex (engineering database on the Engineering Village platform)
- Eureka/CEDROM (which provides the full text of local PEI newspapers)
- Intelex Past Masters
- ITER Gateway to the Middle Ages (Univ of Toronto)
- PubMed is not included, although Medline is
- PEN Nutrition
- RxTx3 (Canadian pharmaceutical database)
- Ebrary, EBL, CAB Ebooks,DesLibris and MyiLibrary ebooks are not full text searchable - their catalogue records are included with the rest of the UPEI Library Catalogue (the main CAB Abstracts database IS included)
- Locally created databases such as PEI PAD, IslandScholar, IslandImagined, etc. are not yet included but these are being considered for the future
This product is integrated with EBSCOhost, so patrons who have created "My EBSCOhost" accounts will find those accounts also accessible in OneSearch, as are features relating to exporting to RefWorks, saving search results and search strategies, etc.
Off-Campus Access and Guests
Guests off-campus are welcome to use OneSearch, but will find some indexing resources and most full text items are blocked from view due to product licensing restrictions. We display these so that guests would have a sense of how many other resources would be available if they come to Robertson Library, where they will have free access on our public computers to the entire range of resources.
UPEI users off-campus should use the "login" link offered at the top of the first search results screen to get complete access to the full text and all index results. Use your UPEI "network" username and password, the same account you use to access Moodle and campus email. [NOTE: Do not confuse the "login" link for full text access with the "sign in" link at the top right, which is for logging into the "My EBSCOHost" features described above.]
Below are some search tips: