Eligibility | Obtaining an ISBN | Application Information | Placement | Legal Deposit
International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) for publications published at the University of Prince Edward Island are available through the Robertson Library.
Which publications are eligible?
- publications released through a University of Prince Edward Island department or institute are eligible for a UPEI ISBN
- items published by anyone other than UPEI are NOT. For these, the ISBN will be provided by that publisher
To obtain an ISBN for your publication, please contact Simon Lloyd:
- come in person to the Information Desk, Robertson Library
- call 566-0536
- email email@example.com
What we need to know about the publication in order to assign an ISBN:
- projected date of publication
ISBNs should appear:
- on the verso of the title page
- on the bottom of the outside back cover
- on the bottom of the back of the dust jacket
- in all advertising before and after publication
- with the letters ISBN preceding the number (e.g. ISBN 978-0-88901-383-4)
For more information on the ISBN Program consult Library and Archives Canada.
Obtaining an ISBN from the Library does not mean that copies of your book are automatically deposited with Library and Archives Canada. You are legally required to send two copies of your book, pamphlet, etc. to Library and Archives Canada. For more information, consult Legal Deposit, Library and Archives Canada.
Adapted from Memorial University Libraries