Tutorials & Quizzes
Take advantage of one of the Library Orientation Tours offered throughout September and January. Discover how to find your way around the Library, and what resources and services are offered. Along with a great learning experience, you could win a prize!
Tours last 30 - 40 minutes.
If unable to make it to a scheduled tour, or prefer to check things out from home, the Library Tour is offered in other formats:
Tutorials & Quizzes:
- Research Minutes Tutorials
- Find Quality Web Information: The Web is a popular place for finding research material. In addition to the valuable online resources to which the library provides access, there is an almost limitless supply of material that can be found with Google and other search engines. However, finding high-quality material on the web and critically assessing the material you find are valuable skills that take time to master.
- Glossary of Library Terms
- Zeta Book Scanner (5:07 min): This video describes how to scan material as a searchable PDF or as a PDF with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) using the Zeta Book Scanner in the Library Learning Commons.
- Basic Academic Skills Video Series: This series of videos is aimed at secondary and post-secondary students who want to learn more about researching and writing.