Take advantage of one of the Library Orientation Tours offered throughout January and September. Find out how to find your way around the Library, and what resources and services are offered. (Be sure to fill out a ballot to win a prize.)
Tours last 30 - 40 minutes.
If unable to make it to a scheduled tour, or prefer to check things out from home, the Library Tour is offered in other formats:
- Article Database Tutorials:
- Business Source Complete Tutorial (5:38 minutes)
- Finding Articles (Using Academic Search Complete) (5:21 minutes)
- LexisNexis Academic - Searching Canadian Board & Tribunal Decisions (2:30 minutes)
- Plagiarism Tutorial
- Plagiarism Quiz (Your instructor will need to arrange for your class to be enrolled in "Plagiarism Quiz")
- PsycINFO Tutorial (4:00 minutes)
- Research Minutes Tutorials
- Find Quality Web Information: The Web is a popular place for finding research material. In addition to the valuable online resources to which the library provides access, there is an almost limitless supply of material that can be found with Google and other search engines. However, finding high-quality material on the web and critically assessing the material you find are valuable skills that take time to master.
- Basic Academic Skills Video Series: This series of videos is aimed at secondary and post-secondary students who want to learn more about researching and writing.