Use RefWorks to store, organize, insert, and format citations for research papers.
Notice: UPEI RefWorks accounts will be moving during the first week of May, 2015 to the Refworks servers in the United States as the Canadian Scholars Portal site is discontinuing hosting for RefWorks. For more information see RefWorks Migration.
There are known problems with IE9 and RefWorks. We recommend using another browser, e.g., Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- RefWorks 2.0 "How To" - create an account, create a folder, export citations, create a bibliography.
- RefWorks - Tutorials, Webinars, FAQ, Guides, and Help
- Microsoft Word and RefWorks - use Write-N-Cite to add citations to Word documents, and then format the citations and reference list/bibliography.
- Importing References from UPEI Databases - detailed instructions for individual databases
- RefShare - share your RefWorks folders
- RefGrab-It - import citation information for web pages
- Group Code Message
- Importing References from Other Citation Management Software (e.g., Endnote, Zotero, Mendeley, Reference Manager) to RefWorks (a RefWorks guide)
- Other Citation Managers (Zotero & Mendeley)
- Citation Manager Comparison Charts
Please contact the Robertson Library Information Desk, in person, by telephone 566-0696, or the ASK US chat help if you have any questions about using RefWorks.