Liaison Librarian for Music is Suzanne Jones. Phone #: 902-566-0393
- OneSearch is a single search option. Resources currently included in a OneSearch search are: the Library's catalogue (includes books, musical scores, audio recordings, etc.), all EBSCOhost products, all of the full text journals licensed from Elsevier/ScienceDirect, JSTOR, Sage, Wiley, Springer, ACS, IOP, BioOne, and ProjectMuse, many of the specialty historical full text databases (Alexander Street Press), and millions of index-only article and book records from various sources. Some Proquest databases (CBCA, ASFA, PAIS, Philosopher's Index) and Biosis are included but as optional add-ins, using check boxes on the far right of the search results screen.
- If you don't find what you are looking for in OneSearch, then try searching for the item in a specific database or just the library catalogue, outside of OneSearch. (From the Library's homepage, click on either Catalogue or Article Databses towards the top of the page.)
- Below is the search box for just the library catalogue
- Reserves: Materials on reserve for music courses
- Films on Demand online videos. This is a very under-utilized yet valuable resource. (Listed under Library Databases on our homepage.)
- Articles: Can be searched through OneSearch or individual databases (under Article Databases on Library's homepage) or using the links listed below:
|Academic Search Complete||A multi-disciplinary database which provides full text for more than 8,500 periodicals, including full text for over 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.|
|CAIRSS for Music||A bibliographic database of music research literature in the areas of music education, music psychology, music therapy, and music medicine.|
|Canadian Music Periodical Index||Index to Canadian music journals, newsletters and magazines. Covers all aspects of musical activity in Canada. Includes information from the late nineteenth century to the present.|
|Classical Net||Covers all aspects of classical music through a network of commercial and noncommercial links.|
|Classical Scores Library||Contains 400,000 pages of the most important classical music scores, manuscripts, and previously unpublished material. Access to over 25,000 scores.|
|Films on Demand - Music||Films on Demand provides streaming videos on non-fiction topics.|
|Grove Music Online - See Oxford Music Online||Oxford Music Online is an integrated music resource, including The Oxford Dictionary of Music; The Oxford Companion to Music; and Grove Music Online.|
|JSTOR Arts & Sciences I - VIII, Complement Collections and Life Sciences||
Provides access to archival & current issues of over 1,400 scholarly journals across 57 academic disciplines. Includes primary source materials.
Robertson Library does not subscribe to all of the JSTOR collections, so use Interlibrary Loan to request articles that are not available in JSTOR or the Library's other collections.
|Naxos Music Library||Provides streaming access to over 883,800 tracks (61,000 CDs), the entire Naxos/Marco Polo catalogues. Worlds largest online classical music library.|
|Oxford Music Online||Oxford Music Online is an integrated music resource, including The Oxford Dictionary of Music; The Oxford Companion to Music; and Grove Music Online.|
|Project MUSE||Includes the full text of over 320 scholarly journals in the Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences fields.|