Liaison Librarian for Philosophy is Suzanne Jones. Phone #: 902-566-0393
- OneSearch as a single search option which searches the Library's catalogue (includes books, musical scores, audio recordings, etc.), all EBSCOhost products, all of the full text journals licensed from Elsevier/ScienceDirect, JSTOR, Sage, Wiley, Springer, ACS, IOP, BioOne, and ProjectMuse, many of the specialty historical full text databases (Alexander Street Press), and millions of index-only article and book records from various sources.
- If you don't find what you are looking for in OneSearch, then try searching for the item in a specific database or just the library catalogue. (From the Library's homepage, click on either Catalogue or Article Databases towards the top of the page.
- Below is the library catalogue search box (books, e-books, videos, etc.)
General reference sources:
- Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy (2nd ed.) REF B41.C35 1999 ... or its online version.
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy (2nd ed., 2005)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy (REF B51.R68 1998)
- Biographical Dictionary of Twentieth Century Philosophers
- For a good electronic resource on all things philosophical, also go to: Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Masterpieces of World Philosophy in Summary Form (REF B21.M3 1961a)
- The Philosophy Book: Big Ideas SImply Explained - (2011)
- Materials on reserve for philosophy courses
- For Films on Demand Philosophy & Religion online videos. Web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group anytime, anywhere, 24/7! Choose from thousands of high-quality educational titles in dozens of subject areas.
- Philosophy TV by David Killoren and others http://philostv.com -- a "video website devoted to philosophical thinking"
- Canadian website http://www.ethicsweb.ca -- a gateway for other resources on ethics.
- Website for philosophy bites : http://philosophybites.com/ (Philosophy Bites is made in association with the Institute of Philosophy and provides "podcasts of top philosophers interviewed on bite-sized topics..."
- EpistemeLinks.com: Philosophy Resources on the Internet -- for philosopy-related web resources
|Academic Search Complete||A multi-disciplinary database which provides full text for more than 8,500 periodicals, including full text for over 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.|
|Films on Demand: Philosophy & Religion||Films on Demand provides streaming videos on non-fiction topics.|
|InteLex Past Masters||Past Masters contains 117 fulltext humanities databases, both in the original language and in English translation.|
|JSTOR Arts & Sciences I - VIII, Complement Collections and Life Sciences||
Provides access to archival & current issues of over 1,400 scholarly journals across 57 academic disciplines. Includes primary source materials.
Robertson Library does not subscribe to all of the JSTOR collections, so use Interlibrary Loan to request articles that are not available in JSTOR or the Library's other collections.
|Learned Journals Collection||Journals published by the Assoc. of Learned & Professional Society Publishers, over 1,000 journal titles from 50 publishers. Last year available for all titles: 2013.|
|Military & Government Collection||Provides full text for over 320 military related periodicals and general interest magazines.|
|Oxford University Press Journals||Full text for over 240 journals from a variety of areas, including history, literature, science, medicine, political science, psychology & sociology.|
|Philosophers Index||A comprehensive, bibliographic database covering worldwide research in all areas of philosophy. Sources include journals, books & anthologies.|
|Project MUSE||Includes the full text of over 320 scholarly journals in the Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences fields.|