Liaison Librarian for Philosophy is Suzanne Jones. Phone #: 902-566-0393
- OneSearch as a single search option which searches the Library's catalogue (includes books, musical scores, audio recordings, etc.), all EBSCOhost products, all of the full text journals licensed from Elsevier/ScienceDirect, JSTOR, Sage, Wiley, Springer, ACS, IOP, BioOne, and ProjectMuse, many of the specialty historical full text databases (Alexander Street Press), and millions of index-only article and book records from various sources.
- If you don't find what you are looking for in OneSearch, then try searching for the item in a specific database or just the library catalogue. (From the Library's homepage, click on either Catalogue or Article Databases towards the top of the page.
- Below is the library catalogue search box (books, e-books, videos, etc.)
General reference sources:
- Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy (2nd ed.) REF B41.C35 1999 ... or its online version.
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy (2nd ed., 2005)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy (REF B51.R68 1998)
- Biographical Dictionary of Twentieth Century Philosophers
- For a good electronic resource on all things philosophical, also go to: Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Masterpieces of World Philosophy in Summary Form (REF B21.M3 1961a).
Materials on reserve for philosophy courses
- For Films on Demand online videos. (In the Films on Demand site, click on Collections and then choose the Philosophy & Religion subject area.)
- Canadian website http://www.ethicsweb.ca -- a gateway for other resources on ethics.
- Website for philosophy bites : http://philosophybites.com/ (Philosophy Bites is made in association with the Institute of Philosophy and provides "podcasts of top philosophers interviewed on bite-sized topics..."
- EpistemeLinks.com: Philosophy Resources on the Internet -- for philosopy-related web resources
- Can be searched through OneSearch or individual databases (under Article Databases on Library's homepage) or using the links listed below:.