Liaison Librarian for Philosophy is Suzanne Jones. Phone #: 902-566-0393
- OneSearch as a single search option which searches the Library's catalogue (includes books, musical scores, audio recordings, etc.), all EBSCOhost products, all of the full text journals licensed from Elsevier/ScienceDirect, JSTOR, Sage, Wiley, Springer, ACS, IOP, BioOne, and ProjectMuse, many of the specialty historical full text databases (Alexander Street Press), and millions of index-only article and book records from various sources.
- If you don't find what you are looking for in OneSearch, then try searching for the item in a specific database or just the library catalogue. (From the Library's homepage, click on either Catalogue or Article Databases towards the top of the page.
- Below is the library catalogue search box (books, e-books, videos, etc.)
General reference sources:
- Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy (2nd ed.) REF B41.C35 1999 ... or its online version.
- Oxford Companion to Philosophy (2nd ed., 2005)
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy (REF B51.R68 1998)
- Biographical Dictionary of Twentieth Century Philosophers
- For a good electronic resource on all things philosophical, also go to: Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Masterpieces of World Philosophy in Summary Form (REF B21.M3 1961a).
- Materials on reserve for philosophy courses
- For Films on Demand Philosophy & Religion online videos. Web-based digital video delivery service that allows you to view streaming videos from Films Media Group anytime, anywhere, 24/7! Choose from thousands of high-quality educational titles in dozens of subject areas.
- Canadian website http://www.ethicsweb.ca -- a gateway for other resources on ethics.
- Website for philosophy bites : http://philosophybites.com/ (Philosophy Bites is made in association with the Institute of Philosophy and provides "podcasts of top philosophers interviewed on bite-sized topics..."
- EpistemeLinks.com: Philosophy Resources on the Internet -- for philosopy-related web resources
|Academic Search Complete||A multi-disciplinary database which provides full text for more than 8,500 periodicals, including full text for over 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.|
|Films on Demand: Philosophy & Religion||Films on Demand provides streaming videos on non-fiction topics.|
|InteLex Past Masters||Past Masters contains 117 fulltext humanities databases, both in the original language and in English translation.|
|JSTOR Arts & Sciences I - VIII, Complement Collections and Life Sciences||Provides access to archival & current issues of over 1,400 scholarly journals across 57 academic disciplines. Includes primary source materials.|
|Learned Journals Collection||Journals published by the Assoc. of Learned & Professional Society Publishers, over 1,000 journal titles from 50 publishers. Last year available for all titles: 2013.|
|Military & Government Collection||Provides full text for over 320 military related periodicals and general interest magazines.|
|Oxford University Press Journals||Full text for over 240 journals from a variety of areas, including history, literature, science, medicine, political science, psychology & sociology.|
|Philosophers Index||A comprehensive, bibliographic database covering worldwide research in all areas of philosophy. Sources include journals, books & anthologies.|
|Project MUSE||Includes the full text of over 320 scholarly journals in the Arts & Humanities and Social Sciences fields.|