What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based reference management tool that you can use to:
- Create your own database of citations or bibliographic references you have selected from library catalogues and article databases, such as OneSearch, Academic Search, PubMed, PsycInfo, etc.
- Set up folders to organize and retrieve these citations.
- Create and format bibliographies using these citations in one of the over 200 supported citation styles, such as APA, MLA, etc.
- Insert and format citations in your papers and articles using the free Write-N-Cite plugin for MS Word (see the Library's "How To" for Windows or Mac) or use the RefWorks Add-on for Google Docs (New RefWorks 2016 version only).
Who Can Use RefWorks?
UPEI students, faculty, and staff have access to RefWorks, both on and off-campus.
How to Access RefWorks
- Go to the Library's RefWorks page and login. Note: If you are off-campus, you will be asked for your UPEI username and password before you can access the RefWorks Login.
- First-time users will need to set up their own RefWorks account by selecting Create Account (for the New RefWorks). Use your UPEI email address. You will be asked to select a password.
- Returning users - If you have already created a "New" RefWorks account, login to the New RefWorks, or if you have a "legacy" RefWorks account (created before September 1, 2016) login to the legacy RefWorks with your RefWorks login name and password. Legacy RefWorks users have the option to migrate to the New RefWorks.
RefWorks Guides and Help (from RefWorks)
Please contact the Robertson Library Information Desk, in person, by telephone 566-0696, or the ASK US chat help if you have any questions about using RefWorks.