Open Source Work & Tools
- Islandora - A Robertson Library development project to create a custom Drupal module that provides integration with the Fedora repository system.
- Virtual Research Environments, closely related to the Islandora module, may make use of the entire Islandora "stack"; including Solr, ABBYY Fine Reader, Drupal, Fedora repository system and other specialized software and services.
- IslandPines Catalogue and Integrated Library System - An Open source library catalogue and staff tool for material management, material discovery, display and circulation. Islandpines is powered by the Evergreen open source project. Information and Support pages are readily accessible.
- Moodle Library block - A Robertson Library development project to create a Moodle block that integrates library resources into the Moodle Learning Management System. Each course on campus includes a course code that can be used to customize, and automatically display desired lists (usingn the database of databases) and of course a search box to our Library catalog.
- Database of Databases - Developed in house to facilitate listing, sorting, categorizing and exposing (RSS) desired online resources.
Institutes and Workshops
- LMMI - The L.M. Montgomery Institute is located in Robertson Library and is an institute dedicated to conducting research on the works of Lucy Maud Montgomery, her contemporaries and their writing.
- Seawords - A creative writing Institute sponsored by the Robertson Library and L.M. Montgomery Institute.
- RIRI - The Red Island Repository Institute is a week-long workshop on the Fedora repository software and the development of a wide range of repository systems.
Research Projects and Collaborations
IslandArchives is the home of digital collections related to Prince Edward Island and is maintained by the Robertson Library at the University of PEI. IslandArchives is in an active state of development, so please check back often: we expect to launch a number of new collections in 2010.
IslandScholar Repository - Island Scholar (IS) is the institutional repository for scholarly publications by the UPEI community. It is a joint project of the UPEI Robertson Library and the UPEI Office of Research and Development. For more information you can visit About IslandScholar.
- IsleAsk - A collaborative project of the Robertson Library, Holland College and Provincial Library System of PEI.